Ideal for taking a waste free 'on-the-go' balanced lunch from home, this rectangular stainless steel lunch box has a handy silicone seal around the inside of the lid making it leak resistant. It also has levered locking clips at each end for extra pressure during closure.
The silicone seal is removable and can be washed separately, then reinserted, flat side down. Please ensure seal and container lid is clean, dry and free from grease before re-inserting. A spare seal is also included inside the container. More information on reinserting the seal can be found here.
- Stainless steel rectangle leak resistant lunch box with silicone seal and clip closure.
- Made from high quality, food grade 201 stainless steel with folded, smooth edges. Stainless steel is non-toxic and non-leaching and will not retain or impart flavours.
- It’s plastic free there are no nasty toxins like bisphenol-A (BPA), phthalates, and bisphenol-S (BPS) which leach into your food.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Not for use in microwave. We do not recommend the leak resistant lunch boxes for use in the oven, even with the seal removed. Prolonged exposure to very hot temperatures can cause the metal to distort and then there could be issues with the lid fitting properly.
- Please note that although this container is suitable for wetter foods such as dressed salad or dips it is not designed for liquid foods such as soups and broths. We recommend a screw top food jar for liquid foods.
Overall dimensions approximately: 4.5cm x 18cm x 13cm.
Internal dimensions approximately: 4cm x 15.8cm x 12.3cm. 675ml capacity.
- The lunch boxes are made responsibly in North India. A Slice of Green also named their lunch boxes after towns around India in reference to their design which is inspired by Indian tiffin tins! They visited their manufacturer in 2018 and they have previously passed an Asia Inspection Ethical Audit Report.
- Increased efficiency in process technology has decreased the amount of energy required to manufacture stainless steel. Its impact on the environment is minimal when compared to other materials and its life impact reduces significantly as it used and recycled. The best part of recycling steel is that steel doesn’t experience downgrading. In other words, any type of steel can be recycled over and over again and still be used to make the highest-quality of steel.